Monday, August 16, 2010

Academic&Intellectual Profile

1. Sadly the only books that I have read this summer were the following: 1984 by George Orwell, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster.

2. Other things I have read: I took a Biology class at College of San Mateo and was required to read a chapter a day. (1-20 chapters), I would have to say that I also read sports articles in magazines, on the internet and even in newspapers only because I do follow the sports world.

3. I have Yahoo! as my homepage because of the interesting articles they have on their home page so I have definitely read many of those.

4. The way I read: I usually search around looking for pictured I can find just to help me out with clues that I will expect to connect with the thing I'm reading. I then continue to read the first couple paragraphs and if I am deeply interested in what I am reading then I skip to the last couple paragraphs just to see what happens in the end. I read the from top to bottom after that connecting all the clues and evaluate how everything went in what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment